Building Leaders in Technology
Joanne Eckton speaks to in-demand technical leaders who want to develop teams that get more done, understand what the business needs and deliver solutions with both urgency and reliability.
MAXIMIZE YOUR TALENT
- Are you running at 200 mph but feel your team is barely hitting 50?
- Are you tired of customer complaints and escalations from missed dates and blown budgets?
- Are you finding it difficult to juggle limited resources between delivering new features, reducing tech debt and keeping the lights on?
- Is the only time you can spare to think about innovation during the annual hackathon?
WHAT RESULTS CAN WE EXPECT?
- Build your reputation as a leader that delivers!
- Get your core team in lock-step with the customer, delivering what they need most, faster than ever
- And do it all without being overwhelmed, burning out or feeling like you have to watch every detail
HOW DO WE BRING THIS TO OUR ORGANIZATION?
Each company is different. Joanne provides customized workshops, keynotes, and consulting services centered on getting the people part of technology right. Whether your greatest need is in leading organizational change, delivering a strategic program, or building your team after a significant market event, let’s start with a conversation to design the best solution for you.
Let’s design a program to align your technical talent, leadership and culture to achieve your performance targets and deliver at the levels required in today’s economy.
Most Popular Programs
Driving for Innovation: How to get your team energized for creativity, collaboration and customer results!
This is a high-energy, high-content program designed for teams who need to implement technical solutions for complex or uncertain environments. Now more than ever, business is dependent upon technology to deliver products quickly, driving even greater need for business acumen, innovative thinking and experimentation. .
This program is designed to strengthen strategic and business management expertise in your leadership and technical staff. After this career-changing event your team will:
- Understand the Competing Values Framework and learn how to identify the predominant culture impacting your team
- Identify the behaviors that will increase your effectiveness in your organization’s culture
- Develop a model of delivery that brings the business and technical staff to the table together to focus on business value without burnout or a death march to the deadline
- Call out and eliminate the “elephants in the bushes” that derail many strategic projects
Make Your Team Great: Leadership Strategies that Really Work
An organization is its workforce: A business can only be as successful as the people it hires. Yet, 84% of employees say they could perform significantly better if they wanted to.
According to a Deloitte study, leadership remains the No. 1 talent issue facing organizations around the world, with 85% of companies in our survey rating it as “urgent” or “important.” But only 14% of companies say they do an excellent job developing global leaders.
Clearly, we have a challenge ahead of us to build the kind of leadership needed for the future.
Through this presentation, we will discuss the actions potential leaders need to take to:
- Gain the confidence to step out into a more visible leadership role
- Take the actions needed to foster innovation, collaboration and trust
- Change the dynamics of the team from surviving to thriving
- Build a personal brand as a respected leader
What Others are Saying
Joanne was the keynote speaker for the Nashville IT Symposium. Her presentation was both engaging and inspiring. Several attendees have commented that they took away new insights on leadership that had them buzzing. She was also very professional and easy to work with.Caleb Reimers
Our PMI Nashville Chapter thoroughly enjoyed having Joanne as our guest speaker. Along with her humor and energy, she brought real life challenges with practical, tested solutions that gave our members tactical information they could use the very next day. We found Joanne to be extremely easy to work with and flexible as she allowed us to shift her session from a luncheon to a dinner event. Thanks for a job well done Joanne!Ryan Tabor
Joanne recently spoke to our chamber Women in Business group on the topic of Making Your Job Great–in line with a lifetime of experience and the culmination of her new book. Her presentation had that wonderful balance of professionalism presented in a real and meaningful way. The audience was rapt with the simplicity and relevancy of the message and they nearly depleted her book supply at meetings end. I highly recommend Joanne Eckton as an effective speaker that is considerate in tailoring the message to any group.Leah Jack
I had the pleasure of attending one of Joanne’s seminars on “The Power of Communication”. Her presentation was enlightening, thought-provoking, and engaging. I left the seminar with a new outlook on how to effectively manage my relationships within the workplace. Her tips have proven to be invaluable in my interactions with peers, managers, and executives. Thank you, Joanne!Concetta Smith